Total Pageviews

Monday, November 7, 2011

More crazy experiences...

Well last time i wrote on this was after i had just gotten back from barcelona. Well, a few firsts and interesting things have happened since. I went to a futbol game here, my 2nd one in 2 weeks, to watch malaga cf play espanyol. It was an awesome game. I was at the very top on the very last row, but the seat was still good i thought. Malaga wound up winning 2 to 1 and it turned out to be quite the experience.
Second, i wound up going to morocco this past weekend. Was quite the adventure surely trying to get there. I went with two girls from my ISA program (debatable if thats a good idea or not in a 3rd world muslim country). I was culturally shocked for sure for the first time in my life there, like seriously. I was sooooo overwhelmed by how different it was. I had so much anxiety, probably more than necessary but was on edge most of the time and felt powerless and lost at times. We did see some cool things though. We stayed at a french motel in the medina in old city fes, morocco. It was after a crazy trip to get there which included a cancelled ferry in tarifa, a prompt cab ride back to algeciras, continuous waiting for atleast 3 to 4 hours for the ferry to leave, another 2 to get there, a train we didnt catch on time in tangier and had to take a half hr taxi ride to bus station in tanier, a crazy and suspenseful 2 hr wait from 1 am til 3 am in the bus station in tangier and a 5 hour bus ride to fes in a very uncomfortable small bus in a monsoon.
The trip was an adventure from the first minute to the last. I am stll unsure of what to think of the experience other than there is surely a reason i must have went. The things i seen, smelled, heard, experienced n lived through were unlike anything i ever thought i would ever. The hotel was very nice and some of the sight seeing was cool, but i was just overwhelmed from the get because i am actually pretty pampered now that i went through that. It was a little too much at times and the old me would have definitely freaked out and never left the hotel and went back to spain early, but i sucked it up, experienced it, felt my patience grow exponentially and my vision is certainly better as far as my worldview. I will no longer be doing much complaining.
Aside from that, i have a very busy next month straight which includes five midterm tests and or papers, signing up for next semester at flc, traveling to granada spain, paris france, cordoba spain, rome italy and finally sevilla spain. I have never been busier in my life or seen so many different things and places in such a short time. The growing i am doing intrapersonally is astounding. I feel myself growing better and stronger as a person spiritually, mentally, physically, psychologically and academically.
Well, this has been quite the post so i will end it for now and give it another week or two (after midterms) before i post a new one. Pics are hard to post buti must have a thousand on facebook so add me as a friend if we arent already and you can see them or if you are my friend, comment or like them but be sure and check them out! Have a good one and wish me luck on midterms and my travels. Much love followers... If any haha

No comments: