My Prayer
Dear lord, I know no other entity I love or fear more.
i pay attention to no other words, I only hear yours.
Give me strength to heard lamb and steer boars.
Thank you for everything, I feel your love pour.
It is a hard world to live in, but you give me the strength to never give in.
You gave me all I don't deserve, even though I keep sinning
Your love keeps the world spinning. I know one day, that will cease.
The world is finding it harder to keep the peace. We will all be divided like
2 sides of a paper with a crease. I know I am living my life because you granted me a lease.
I am grateful for the life you gave me. No matter how hard life gets, you'll be there to save me.
I will walk any road you decide to pave me. I have no wordly wealth or value. Its a twisted place down here
Satan is trying to sell you. Pay close attention to what people tell you or get a free trip to hell too.
But I aint going to be the one that fell to. To the world I'm dirt, and to you, I am gold.
If I was that to the world, I would be sold. But i'm here, useful as slimy mold. The nights are cold.
Lucifers knights, just as bold, trying profusely to claim my soul.
But too late, it belongs to the lord of lords. He protects me with the mightiest of swords.
His angels play beautiful melodies on strings and chords. That makes me happy, not owning
cadillacs and fords.
When it rains, it pours, and i hear my god when he roars. Whether I wind up behind a desk,
or forever cleaning floors, lord, I am grateful and forever yours.
Amen
By: Brian L. Albo
December 10, 2008
How incredible to look back at this, and the time in my life I was at, and the time since. If you knew me before my college days, you would understand how dramatic of a change this was for me personally, spiritually and overall. I will have to write a new one soon, I used to really love to write poetry, and draw and all that, but I lost touch with time and work and school. Maybe this can serve as an inspiration to anyone down in the pits, and know that I was there, at the lowest of lows, and now I sit here at my highest of highs so far, and hope to continue the climb out of the depths to the top to see everything from a beautiful view...

No comments:
Post a Comment